Definición de cadaver en inglés:
sustantivoMedicine or literary
- The forms should specifically use the term dissect and specify the use of the cadavers for medical education and research purposes.
- Also examined is the use of donated ova from aborted fetuses and cadavers.
- Five of the eight matched pairs were from male cadavers and three were from female cadavers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Consequently, the safeguards protecting confidentiality and enhancing consent that allow for ethical use of cadavers and cadaveric tissues from hospital autopsies for education and research are not in place.
- The surgeon then aseptically packs the cadaveric kidneys in additional iced solution and packages them in sterile iced containers.
- Finally, perceptions of ethical acceptability were variable within items, indicating considerable disagreement among medical examiners on the research use of cadaveric tissues.
Late Middle English: from Latin, from cadere 'to fall'.
accident from Late Middle English:
An accident was originally ‘an event, something that happens’, not necessarily a mishap. It came into English via Old French, ultimately from Latin cadere, meaning ‘to fall’, which also gave us words such as cadaver (Late Middle English) ‘someone fallen’, chance, decay (Late Middle English) ‘fall away’, incident (Late Middle English) ‘fall upon’ so ‘happen’; and occasion (Late Middle English). The idea of an event ‘falling’ remains in the English word befall (Old English). Later the meaning of accident evolved into ‘something that happens by chance’, as in the phrase a happy accident. By the 17th century the modern meaning had become established in the language. The full form of the proverb accidents will happen, which dates from the early 19th century, is accidents will happen in the best-regulated families. According to Mr Micawber in Charles Dickens's David Copperfield (1850): ‘Accidents will occur in the best-regulated families; and in families not regulated by…the influence of Woman, in the lofty character of Wife, they must be expected with confidence, and must be borne with philosophy.’ See also adventure
Palabras que riman con cadaverslaver
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.