- Relating to a cadenza or cadence: I can see little musical advantage in excessive cadential ritardandosMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In plainchant melodies the commonest cadential close is a descending step to the final from the note above; other formulas, such as a descending 3rd or an ascending 2nd, are also found.
- The final measure vividly transmutes the symphony's opening theme (full of upward fourths) to an idea both melodic and harmonically cadential and thus brings the work to a great, substantial close.
- Yes; but the talk was about rhythm, and cadential six-four chords have rhythmic implications - they determine strong beats.
mid 19th century: from cadence, on the pattern of pairs such as essence, essential.
Más definiciones de cadentialDefinición de cadential en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.