sustantivo (plural caeca /ˈsiːkə/)Anatomy
A pouch connected to the junction of the small and large intestines.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The digestive tract was removed from each specimen and dissected it into the upper digestive tract, gizzard, small intestine, ceca, large intestine, liver, and pancreas.
- Total digestive tract mass was the summed masses of the upper digestive tract, gizzard, small intestine, ceca, and large intestine.
- In the right lower quadrant you are feeling mainly for the terminal ileum, the cecum, and the ascending colon, and for the descending colon in the left.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The artery may also arise from the ileal, posterior cecal, or anterior cecal branch of the ileocecal artery.
- The ‘volcano sign’ described endoscopically is seen as a ‘vortical fold’ pattern on barium studies, which is the concentric ring appearance of the cecal mucosal folds as they approach the obstructed appendiceal orifice.
- Through a midline laparotomy, the cecal and ileocecal junction was identified.
Late Middle English: from Latin (intestinum) caecum 'blind (gut)', translation of Greek tuphlon enteron.
Definición de caecum en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda