Definición de cafeteria en inglés:
1A restaurant in which customers serve themselves from a counter and pay before eating.
- Federal law states that while irradiated meat must be labeled in grocery stores, it does not have to be labeled when served in school cafeterias, restaurants or hospitals.
- Cafés and cafeterias serve open-faced sandwiches with cold meats, smoked fish, or cheese as well as simple but substantial meals of meat or fish and boiled potatoes.
- Workplace cafeterias and buffets still serve rudimentary midday meals for workers, but even these inexpensive meals are out of reach for many people.
1.1 [as modifier] North American Denoting a system in which people may choose from a number of available options, especially one in which an employee may select a personal package of company benefits: employers who offer cafeteria plans and other flexible programs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cafeteria plans of most large employers contain one or both of these arrangements as an integral part of the plan.
- The cafeteria plans appears to be a sure-fire way to increase employee take-home pay.
- Cafeteria plans lower taxes for both employers and employees.
mid 19th century (originally US): from Latin American Spanish cafetería 'coffee shop'.