- A fetid-smelling fungus that forms a hollow latticed spherical structure, the inner surface of which bears the spores.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Clathrus, family Clathraceae, class Gasteromycetes
- He brought along an example of the cage fungus Clathrus ruber collected from a garden in Pondwell.
- Liz tells me that while she and Roy were in Majorca they came across several specimens of the fungus Clathrus ruber, sometimes called the cage fungus.
- The Clathrus, often known as the Cage fungus because of its cage-like appearance when it opens, has tiny filaments that usually lie underground.