Definición de cajole en inglés:
Persuade (someone) to do something by sustained coaxing or flattery: he hoped to cajole her into selling him her house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Elsewhere, it may be acceptable for shop assistants to flatter and cajole you into buying anything, irrespective of whether it suits you.
- Despite the fact he was only thirteen, it seemed the young prince was already a Casanova in the making, an expert at coaxing and cajoling girls.
- Housing associations and the government use many misleading arguments to persuade and cajole council tenants into agreeing to stock transfers.
Mid 17th century: from French cajoler.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It takes a certain degree of cajolement and leadership to help us all head in the right direction.
- You just have to hope that I have not been unduly influenced by any lunches, gifts or cajolements along the way.
- I do not pretend to know what combination of threats and cajolements they offered, but they obviously succeeded.
Palabras que riman con cajolebarcarole, bole, bowl, coal, Cole, condole, console, control, dhole, dole, droll, enrol (US enroll), extol, foal, goal, hole, Joel, knoll, kohl, mol, mole, Nicole, parol, parole, patrol, pole, poll, prole, rôle, roll, scroll, Seoul, shoal, skoal, sole, soul, stole, stroll, thole, Tirol, toad-in-the-hole, toll, troll, vole, whole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán