Definición de cajole en inglés:
Persuade (someone) to do something by sustained coaxing or flattery: he hoped to cajole her into selling him her house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Elsewhere, it may be acceptable for shop assistants to flatter and cajole you into buying anything, irrespective of whether it suits you.
- Despite the fact he was only thirteen, it seemed the young prince was already a Casanova in the making, an expert at coaxing and cajoling girls.
- Housing associations and the government use many misleading arguments to persuade and cajole council tenants into agreeing to stock transfers.
mid 17th century: from French cajoler.
- Example sentences
- It takes a certain degree of cajolement and leadership to help us all head in the right direction.
- You just have to hope that I have not been unduly influenced by any lunches, gifts or cajolements along the way.
- I do not pretend to know what combination of threats and cajolements they offered, but they obviously succeeded.
Words that rhyme with cajolebarcarole, bole, bowl, coal, Cole, condole, console, control, dhole, dole, droll, enrol (US enroll), extol, foal, goal, hole, Joel, knoll, kohl, mol, mole, Nicole, parol, parole, patrol, pole, poll, prole, rôle, roll, scroll, Seoul, shoal, skoal, sole, soul, stole, stroll, thole, Tirol, toad-in-the-hole, toll, troll, vole, whole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan