Definición de cajuput en inglés:
1 (also cajuput oil) [mass noun] An aromatic medicinal oil obtained from a tree of the myrtle family.
- The cajeput oil emulsion can also contain 0.01% to 20% of an emulsifier, and up to 5% of a defoamer.
- For throat infections use compresses of 10 percent cajeput oil mixed in water, healing earth, or fatty oil.
- The product is made from active ingredients such as camphor, menthol, cajuput oil and clove oil.
2A chiefly Australasian tree related to the bottlebrushes, with papery bark. Also called paperbark.
- Genus Melaleuca, family Myrtaceae: M. cajuputi, which produces cajuput oil, and M. quinquenervia
- The province's goal to grow more than 75,000 ha of cajuputs by 2010 is now considered impossible, but officials are trying to preserve the remaining area.
- Unlike forest fires in other areas, the sight of smoke and flame here means that the roots and lower trunks of cajeputs have caught fire even as their canopy remains green.
- Date palms, planted originally by Afghan camel drivers in the late 1800s, have now almost overtaken the natural vegetation of pale cajeputs and pretty river gums.
late 18th century: from Malay kayu putih, literally 'white tree'.
Definición de cajuput en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan