- 1 (also cajuput oil) [mass noun] An aromatic medicinal oil obtained from a tree of the myrtle family.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cajeput oil emulsion can also contain 0.01% to 20% of an emulsifier, and up to 5% of a defoamer.
- For throat infections use compresses of 10 percent cajeput oil mixed in water, healing earth, or fatty oil.
- The product is made from active ingredients such as camphor, menthol, cajuput oil and clove oil.
- 2A chiefly Australasian tree related to the bottlebrushes, with papery bark. Also called paperbark.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Melaleuca, family Myrtaceae: M. cajuputi, which produces cajuput oil, and M. quinquenervia
- The province's goal to grow more than 75,000 ha of cajuputs by 2010 is now considered impossible, but officials are trying to preserve the remaining area.
- Unlike forest fires in other areas, the sight of smoke and flame here means that the roots and lower trunks of cajeputs have caught fire even as their canopy remains green.
- Date palms, planted originally by Afghan camel drivers in the late 1800s, have now almost overtaken the natural vegetation of pale cajeputs and pretty river gums.
late 18th century: from Malay kayu putih, literally 'white tree'.
Más definiciones de cajuputDefinición de cajuput en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.