- • dated Lively enjoyment: the gardener’s life, as a rule, is not all ‘cakes and ale’Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And once the world is made virtuous, will there be no more cakes and ale?
- The successful physician starves the first ten years, lives on bread and butter the second, and may have cakes and ale the third decade.
- This is the worst kind of destructive attitude - denying other people cakes and ale because you've never enjoyed them yourself.
Más definiciones de cakes and aleDefinición de cakes and ale en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.