Definición de calamites en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
A swamp plant with jointed stems that belonged to an extinct group related to the horsetails, growing to a height of 18 m (60 ft).
- Calamites and other genera, family Calamitaceae, class Sphenopsida
- The latter group comprises the archaeocalamites, calamites, and horsetails.
- Coal forests of giant lycopods, calamites, pteridophytes and ferns cover the tropical landmasses.
- The old tropical coal swamps (with their giant lycopods, calamites, and cordaitales) declined and disappeared with the drier and cooler climate, surviving only in China and in high latitudes of Pangaea.
Definición de calamites en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan