Involving calamity; catastrophic or disastrous: such calamitous events as fires, hurricanes, and floods
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If there is to be a winner, it could be the result of a calamitous error or disastrous lack of discipline.
- After a calamitous decline in the value two years ago, it's now more stable.
- The area has entered an anxious era of landslides since the calamitous landslides of 1978.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If Carey has done something so calamitously wrong that this severe a punishment is handed out then damn him.
- People have suddenly and calamitously, for the stores concerned, stopped shopping.
- The television network was forced, calamitously, to admit that the memos at the heart of the story were probably forged.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda