(also calcaneum /-nɪəm/)
Definición de calcaneus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural calcanei /-nɪʌɪ/ or calcanea /-nɪə/)Anatomy
The large bone forming the heel. It articulates with the cuboid bone of the foot and the talus bone of the ankle, and the Achilles tendon is attached to it.
- Compression of the bursa between the calcaneus and the Achilles tendon occurs every time the ankle is dorsiflexed, and in a runner the repetitions are countless, particularly with uphill running where ankle dorsiflexion is increased.
- In these patients, we have reinserted the Achilles tendon in the calcaneus with two to five bone anchors, depending on the amount of tendon disinserted.
- The posterior heel includes the retrocalcaneal bursa, which is located between the calcaneus and the Achilles tendon insertion site, and the retroachilles bursa, which is located between the Achilles tendon and the skin.
mid 18th century: from Latin.
- Example sentences
- The most common causes of heel pain are related to repeated stretching of the plantar fascia in the calcaneal area.
- Serum vitamin B-12 levels were not significantly associated with calcaneal bone loss.
- A metal interference screw was used to secure the calcaneal bone block in the femoral tunnel.
Definición de calcaneus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan