(also calcaneum /kalˈkeɪnɪəm/)
sustantivo (plural calcanei /kalˈkeɪnɪʌɪ/ or calcanea /kalˈkeɪnɪə/)Anatomy
The large bone forming the heel. It articulates with the cuboid bone of the foot and the talus bone of the ankle, and the Achilles tendon is attached to it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Compression of the bursa between the calcaneus and the Achilles tendon occurs every time the ankle is dorsiflexed, and in a runner the repetitions are countless, particularly with uphill running where ankle dorsiflexion is increased.
- In these patients, we have reinserted the Achilles tendon in the calcaneus with two to five bone anchors, depending on the amount of tendon disinserted.
- The posterior heel includes the retrocalcaneal bursa, which is located between the calcaneus and the Achilles tendon insertion site, and the retroachilles bursa, which is located between the Achilles tendon and the skin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most common causes of heel pain are related to repeated stretching of the plantar fascia in the calcaneal area.
- Serum vitamin B-12 levels were not significantly associated with calcaneal bone loss.
- A metal interference screw was used to secure the calcaneal bone block in the femoral tunnel.
Mid 18th century: from Latin.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: cal|ca¦neus
Definición de calcaneus en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda