sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- One of the D vitamins, a sterol which is formed when its isomer ergosterol is exposed to ultraviolet light, and which is routinely added to dairy products. Also called ergocalciferol, vitamin D2.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although several chemical compounds provide vitamin D activity, only two of these substances are commonly found in the diet of animals: vitamin D 2, or calciferol, and vitamin D 3.
- The physiotherapist delivered vitamin D tablets (two 1.25 mg calciferol tablets initially and then one monthly for one year) to those not already taking this supplement.
- Vitamin D, also called calciferol, is a vitamin that dissolves in the body's fat.
Más definiciones de calciferolDefinición de calciferol en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.