- The chemical element of atomic number 98, a radioactive metal of the actinide series, first produced by bombarding curium with helium ions. (Symbol: Cf)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lifetimes of the first ‘transuranium ‘elements - such as plutonium, curium and californium - were very close to the values predicted by the liquid-drop model.’
- Following up on berkelium, dubnium and californium, researchers at the University of Berkely in California, stumbled upon am element with atomic number 117 about a year ago.
- For example, researchers at the Berkeley laboratory first discovered elements 97 and 98 and then suggested naming them berkelium and californium in honor of Berkeley, California, where the research was done.
1950s: named after California University (where it was first made) + -ium.
Más definiciones de californiumDefinición de californium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.