- 1A projection on a rotating part in machinery, designed to make sliding contact with another part while rotating and impart reciprocal or variable motion to it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Contact between the cams and the tappets in the valve train span the mixed and boundary regions.
- Variable camshaft timing on both the intake and exhaust cams rotate the cams between the adjustment extremes in a stepless fashion.
- Solid, or mechanical, lifters provide more direct contact between the cam and pushrod and accordingly can rev up to 8,000 rpm.
- 1.1A camshaft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cam made the engine too lumpy for slow moving London driving and the radiator barely coped with the extra heat.
- The all-aluminum engines feature dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder.
- Advances in technology means that engines work more efficiently using an overhead cam.
- 2 • informal A camera.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My wife suggested I get my camera and I took several photos, all of them very disappointing with the digital cam.
- I must make an effort to use my digital cam to snap a shot of Woody in action to post.
- However, it has just not been convenient to stop and use the digital cam to snap a few pictures.
late 18th century: from Dutch kam 'comb', as in kamrad 'cogwheel'.
Más definiciones de CAMDefinición de cam en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.