Definición de camber en inglés:
1The slightly convex or arched shape of a road or other horizontal surface: a bend where the camber of the road sloped to a ditch a flat roof should have a slight camber to allow water to run off
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The steering requires constant concentration as it's very sensitive and prone to the slightest camber in the road.
- Mr Double revealed the highways department of Essex County Council is to study crash statistics for the past three years and may also examine issues to do with road surface, camber, lighting and parking.
- Every time I backed the car off the drive, for instance, it became unhelpfully scared of the camber in the road.
1.1British A tilt built into a road at a bend or curve, enabling vehicles to maintain speed.
- The fairway tilts right-to-left, so the camber goes the right way, but long hitters can miss it and go into the trees.
- The addition of a camber to both the top and bottom bends should also improve both safety and the racing spectacle.
- We also pay special attention to the camber of the front and rear wheels, running high angles.
1.2The slight sideways inclination of the front wheels of a motor vehicle: suspension changes include a wider front and rear track with increased negative camber for better cornering grip
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A typical oval setup has positive camber in the left front and negative camber in the right front to help the car make left-hand turns.
- A high mounting location for the upper control arms on the front suspension helps limit nose dive under hard braking, while a long steering knuckle provides negative camber for extra stability in cornering.
- The standard set-up includes revised front suspension knuckles for additional negative camber and a strengthened twist beam rear axle.
1.3The extent of curvature of a section of an aerofoil.
- The instrument panelmounted crank also actuated the variable camber as the pilot raised and lowered the landing gear.
- Race engineers can monitor the airflow over several sensors which helps them adjust the camber and angle of attack of the wings for downforce on the car.
- The same is true when we say that by so doing the camber of the airfoil increases and so does the coefficient of lift.
- a steep, badly cambered turnMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Their roads were highways, raised up on a cambered bank of material dug from roadside ditches.
- The paths and roadway are so newly laid, so perfectly cambered, that the rain runs off, to be spirited away by hidden drains.
- Most were straight, solid-surfaced, and cambered for drainage just as modern highways are today.
Definición de camber en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan