- Thousands of local residents face serious health problems in overcrowded refugee camps and temporary shelters.
- Many neighborhoods, towns, villages, and refugee camps were badly damaged or destroyed.
- ‘We are not going to seize scout camps and little pup tents,’ Ms Rydalch said.
- The introduction to fencing often occurs in schools, recreation camps and fitness centres in the form of class instruction.
- Church, youth and school groups use the camp for recreational, educational and church-related activities.
- Benefits have come in the form of facilities at camps.
- The Leisure Centre will be running action-packed fun and activity camps again this summer.
- He allowed himself to be lulled asleep by the Principal's ideas of science camps and summer math programs.
- Work hard in school, sample lots of afterschool activities, and find out about summer courses or camps, as well as internship opportunities.
- We had her secured in a tent when we made camp last night.
- They hiked for the rest of the day and made camp just before sunset.
- We had pitched camp at dusk, raising the tents beside the ruins of an old rest house on a bluff of rock named Maggu Chatti.
- This comprised an enclosure bounded by a single rampart and ditch on the eastern summit, more or less over the site of the Neolithic camp.
- The palace which was built over the site of the Roman camp is likely to have been erected by Cogidubnus, although he may not have lived to see it completed in the late 70s.
- Artefacts include Roman pottery, bones and flints which show the town was the site of a camp used by nomadic hunters nearly 7,000 years ago.
- In this regard, the political camps ought to tackle the issue of changing the presidential election system only after they help state affairs run smoothly and efficiently.
- The protesters came from two different camps; one group supporting the minister's decision, the other opposing it.
- Many of the contributors explain how Reagan influenced their shift from liberal or moderate politics into the conservative camp.
- He added that his biggest concern was for people camping in the local caravan park and on the school fields.
- It is also estimated that some one-in-three adults have been camping or taken a caravan holiday at some time.
- We were living in the woods, camping out in tents.
- Thousands of drenched and mud-covered concert goers who had camped out at Fairyhouse slowly made their way back home yesterday after braving heavy downpours over the weekend.
- Television crews from as far away as America and Japan camped out in Malmesbury and news helicopters circled over the town, looking for the outlaw pigs, which were soon nicknamed Butch and Sundance.
- They camped out at a local garage rock band's house and played noisy, careening rhythms to a small number of bemused punks at the old Multipurpose Rumpus Room.
- Remaining silent, they camped in the bush until the other group had left.
- The press camping on my parents doorstep was a bit of a novelty for them.
- Poor old Amelia Morris had the press camping round the clock on the front lawn of her suburban home.
- Take down a tent or the tents of an encampment ready to leave.Oraciones de ejemplo
- After days of preparation, they were finally ready to break camp for good.
- Finally, on the morning of July 18 the regiment broke camp and boarded the transport Pennsylvania to ship out for the Philippines.
- They set up the camp, cook meals and break camp, leaving the traveler to enjoy the trek without the physical hardship of toting heavy packs.
Early 16th century: from French camp, champ, from Italian campo, from Latin campus 'level ground', specifically applied to the Campus Martius in Rome, used for games, athletic practice, and military drill.
Palabras que riman con campamp, champ, clamp, cramp, damp, encamp, gamp, lamp, ramp, samp, scamp, stamp, tamp, tramp, vamp
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: camp
- When I got there, the nurse, a slightly camp guy from the Philippines, shook his head with an expression somewhere between horror and sympathy.
- This would make a sad camp man with a receding hairline the ultimate in coolness.
- Nicholas, in his own effeminately camp style, made the waitress describe the contents of several of the desserts, and only chose something after much cogitation.
- Featuring an ageing Las Vegas showgirl, brilliantly performed by Nadine Tyson, it mixed camp style and pathos with the glitz and energy of showbiz.
- The mannerisms of the male troupers were too deliberately camp to capture the nuances of the Kern stories they were supposed to be illustrating.
- He is the hyper-active dynamo in a very strong cast, giving a showy performance full of camp malice.
- It wears its queerness like a flashy Dolce and Gabbana blouse, with style and humor and camp - but an intentional lack of tragedy.
- The film deliberately plays for camp and kitsch, and then suddenly it becomes quite gothic.
- It is a dazzling performance layered with more than a hint of theatrical camp.
- It was just wonderful, because he was camping it up, that's all.
- If he is camping it up for the cameras, he is almost as good an actor as he is a chef.
- Some camped it up, some got sleazy, others sat very far back in their cushions paralysed with fear.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It overflows with the dark campery that has become the playhouse's appreciated hallmark.
- Although I loved it instantly at the time, it soon felt like one piece of tacky, rainbow-flagged campery too many, its initial appeal wearing off like stale poppers.
- And with all six talented members of his band following skittish suit, the concert veered into outrageous campery.
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: camp
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.