- 1A card game resembling rummy, using two packs. It is usually played by two pairs of partners, and the aim is to collect sets (or melds) of cards.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This game, formerly known as Canasta Five, is a variation of canasta played with three 52 card packs plus jokers, which has achieved great success in Australia and New Zealand.
- In samba wild cards are not so important as in canasta.
- At the time, we grandkids thought this was some kind of peculiar old-person habit, like playing canasta and reading Reader's Digest.
- 1.1 [count noun] A meld of seven cards in canasta.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You must have at least one example of each type - natural, mixed, wild, sequence and sevens - completed with 7 cards in each, and you may also have additional canastas or smaller melds of any types.
- You cannot go out until your team has completed two red canastas and one canasta of wild cards.
- However, you are only allowed to go out if your team has melded two sambas, or two canastas (pure or mixed ones), or one samba and one canasta.
1940s: from Spanish (of Uruguayan origin), literally 'basket', based on Latin canistrum 'basket' (see canister).
Más definiciones de canastaDefinición de canasta en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.