- This is the most honest, candid, and intelligent discussion I've read of this topic.
- Corporate tax people need to be candid and straightforward about all that information.
- You would hope that all of those who are interviewed would be truthful and candid and forthcoming.
- Peyton's work may be said to simulate a posed fashion shot, his a candid photo.
- The idea is inspired by a character in the play who takes candid photographs from inside a box.
- Karen mouthed silently as she snapped a few candid photographs of the two women.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Her photographs of Einstein were rejected by Life in the 1950s for precisely this quality of seeming candidness and familiarity.
- People experiment with online personas and often demonstrate a freedom of expression and candidness they feel unable to reveal in daily life.
- My candidness towards the subject has brought many reactions and those received via e-mail are great to share.
Mid 17th century (in the Latin sense): from Latin candidus 'white'. Subsequent early senses were 'pure, innocent', 'unbiased', and 'free from malice', hence 'frank' (late 17th century). Compare with candour.
‘The stones came candid forth, the hue of innocence’, wrote the poet John Dryden around 1700. He was using the word candid in its original meaning ‘white’, from Latin candidus. Over time the English word developed the senses ‘pure and innocent’, ‘unbiased’, and ‘free from malice’, before finally settling on the meaning ‘frank’. Candour (Late Middle English) has a similar history, its meaning developing from ‘whiteness’ to the current ‘openness and honesty in expression’. See also album. These days someone running for office needs to be ‘whiter than white’. So did the candidates in Roman times, since the word candidate, is also based on candidus. A candidatus was a white-robed person, as candidates for office were traditionally required to wear a pure white toga or robe, meant to reflect their unstained character.
Palabras que riman con candidbackhanded, candied, heavy-handed, high-handed, offhanded, red-handed, short-handed, unbranded, underhanded
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.