verbo[with object] Surgery
Introduce a cannula or thin tube into (a vein or body cavity): a jugular vein was cannulated to allow drug administration intravenously
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After anesthesia with pentobarbital sodium (70 mg/kg, intraperitoneal), each animal's trachea, carotid artery, and jugular vein were cannulated.
- The hepatic vein is cannulated and a tract created through the liver parenchyma from the hepatic to the portal vein, with a needle under ultrasonographic and fluoroscopic guidance.
- The left lower forelimb vein was cannulated for intravenous administration of anesthesia and pancuronium bromide.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- After the cannulation sites are prepared, the surgeon proceeds with aortic cannulation and venous cannulation.
- If calcium is identified in the aorta, the surgeon can alter his or her approach to cannulation and proximal graft sites by cannulating in a noncalcified area, cannulating in the femoral vessels, or grafting to the left subclavian artery.
- Critically ill patients and patients undergoing major surgery, such as cardiovascular or neurosurgical procedures, often require arterial cannulation.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: can¦nu|late
Definición de cannulate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda