sustantivo (plural canonries)
- The office or benefice of a canon: he settled into a gigantic house which went with the canonryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the Church, nobles occupied all bishoprics and all the choicest abbacies and canonries, and under Louis XVI it became a matter of policy that they should.
- The Bishop of Lincoln granted him the canonry and prebend of Leighton Bromswold, a living which was an easy yoke in terms of duties, affording him the chance to serve in a manner he felt consistent with his powers.
- This chair is linked to a canonry in the ancient cathedral of Durham, and it was held earlier in the twentieth century by Michael Ramsey.
Más definiciones de canonryDefinición de canonry en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.