- A medium-length narrative piece of music for voices with instrumental accompaniment, typically with solos, chorus, and orchestra.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His works include much orchestral music, cantatas, and chamber compositions.
- I like the idea of alternating vocal cantatas with instrumental concertos; the variety ensures that the music always sounds fresh.
- His works include a cyclic setting of Shevchenko's poetry; operas, including Taras Bulba; art songs and choral works; cantatas; piano pieces; and chamber music.
early 18th century: from Italian cantata (aria) 'sung (air)', from cantare 'sing'.
Más definiciones de cantataDefinición de cantata en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.