sustantivo (plural canthari)
- (In ancient Greece and Rome) a large two-handled drinking cup.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most ordinary, perhaps, is the cantharus, or two-handled cup, which was particularly sacred to Bacchus.
- Next to these are highly stylised canthari with spiralled handles and with V-shaped patterns shaded red and white on their necks.
- Romano-British floor mosaic, featuring an elaborate design of four octagons and canthari and dolphins.
Latin, from Greek kantharos.
Más definiciones de cantharusDefinición de cantharus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.