- 1An official who sings liturgical music and leads prayer in a synagogue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Synagogue services can be led by a rabbi, a cantor or a member of the congregation.
- One thing I remember clearly is how she sang the cantor in the synagogue service.
- His mother was Rosalie Israelssohn while his father was Adolf Lasker, a cantor in the synagogue whose role there was to lead the liturgical prayers and chanting.
- 2(In formal Christian worship) a person who sings solo verses or passages to which the choir or congregation respond.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In my parish, I'm a cantor and choir member, and I really enjoy singing and leading the congregation in song.
- The ceremony is begun by the priest, assisted by a cantor or church choir that sings the responses.
- The collection for parish choirs, congregations and cantors features new compositions by Liam Lawton and Kiltimagh born composer Ronan McDonagh.
mid 16th century: from Latin, 'singer', from canere 'sing'.
Más definiciones de cantorDefinición de cantor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.