(Scottish also capercailzie /-ˈkeɪlzi/)
Definición de capercaillie en inglés:
sustantivo (plural capercaillies)
A large turkey-like Eurasian grouse of mature pine forests.
- Genus Tetrao, family Tetraonidae (or Phasianidae): two species, in particular T. urogallus, which has been re-established in the Scottish Highlands
- The report highlights the plight of 20 species, including the song thrush, the corncrake, the crossbill, the capercaillie, the dotterel and black grouse.
- I spot a variety of birds, from a large grouse called the capercaillie to tiny Siberian tits.
- They include pine marten, wildcat, stoat and weasel as well as golden eagles, merlin, peregrine falcon, golden plover and in time black grouse and capercaillie.
mid 16th century: from Scottish Gaelic capull coille, literally 'horse of the wood'.
Definición de capercaillie en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia