- 1The action of ceasing to resist an opponent or demand: she gave a sigh of capitulation [count noun]: a capitulation to wage demandsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the military sense capitulation provides a means to end conflict, either at local or a wider level.
- The Americans have stopped pretending, and now demand outright capitulation to its hegemony.
- We are dealing with an absolutist culture that demands total capitulation or nothing.
- 1.1 (capitulations) • historical An agreement or set of conditions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If these capitulations contain conditions which curtail the jurisdiction or the prerogatives of the bishop, the privileges of the diocese, or the like, then they do not bind the candidate-elect.
- Capitulations were abolished in Turkey in 1923 and in Egypt in 1937.