Definición de capitulation en inglés:
1The action of ceasing to resist an opponent or demand: she gave a sigh of capitulation [count noun]: a capitulation to wage demands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the military sense capitulation provides a means to end conflict, either at local or a wider level.
- The Americans have stopped pretending, and now demand outright capitulation to its hegemony.
- We are dealing with an absolutist culture that demands total capitulation or nothing.
1.1 (capitulations) historical An agreement or set of conditions.
- If these capitulations contain conditions which curtail the jurisdiction or the prerogatives of the bishop, the privileges of the diocese, or the like, then they do not bind the candidate-elect.
- Capitulations were abolished in Turkey in 1923 and in Egypt in 1937.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan