A castrated domestic cock fattened for eating.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We use the term broiler production to capture the Census of Agriculture category which includes ‘broilers, fryers, and other chickens raised for meat production, including capons and roasters’.
- C. Anne Wilson quotes an ordinance of Richard II in 1378 for prices charged by cooks and pie bakers, including those for capons and hens baked in pasties.
- Although some references explain its etymology as being from old French hutaudeau, meaning a pullet (a young hen), the derivation was in fact hétoudeau or hétourdeau which was a capon (a fattened cock fowl).
(also caponise) verbo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Daddy was a real, live soldier, a trained 82nd Airborne killing machine who could coolly cut a throat or methodically caponize a chicken in the field.
- Why would one caponize a rooster?
- I will try valiantly to make the time to caponize another batch of cockerels this year, and will report on the results.
Palabras que riman con caponmisshapen
Definición de capon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda