Definición de capon en inglés:
A castrated domestic cock fattened for eating.
- We use the term broiler production to capture the Census of Agriculture category which includes ‘broilers, fryers, and other chickens raised for meat production, including capons and roasters’.
- C. Anne Wilson quotes an ordinance of Richard II in 1378 for prices charged by cooks and pie bakers, including those for capons and hens baked in pasties.
- Although some references explain its etymology as being from old French hutaudeau, meaning a pullet (a young hen), the derivation was in fact hétoudeau or hétourdeau which was a capon (a fattened cock fowl).
caponize (also caponise) verbo
- Example sentences
- Daddy was a real, live soldier, a trained 82nd Airborne killing machine who could coolly cut a throat or methodically caponize a chicken in the field.
- Why would one caponize a rooster?
- I will try valiantly to make the time to caponize another batch of cockerels this year, and will report on the results.
Words that rhyme with caponmisshapen
Definición de capon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan