A castrated domestic cock fattened for eating.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We use the term broiler production to capture the Census of Agriculture category which includes ‘broilers, fryers, and other chickens raised for meat production, including capons and roasters’.
- C. Anne Wilson quotes an ordinance of Richard II in 1378 for prices charged by cooks and pie bakers, including those for capons and hens baked in pasties.
- Although some references explain its etymology as being from old French hutaudeau, meaning a pullet (a young hen), the derivation was in fact hétoudeau or hétourdeau which was a capon (a fattened cock fowl).
(also caponise) verbo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Daddy was a real, live soldier, a trained 82nd Airborne killing machine who could coolly cut a throat or methodically caponize a chicken in the field.
- Why would one caponize a rooster?
- I will try valiantly to make the time to caponize another batch of cockerels this year, and will report on the results.
Palabras que riman con caponmisshapen
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: capon
Definición de capon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda