- 1(Of a boat) be overturned in the water: the craft capsized in heavy seas (as adjective capsized) a capsized dinghyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Officials say the migrants ended up in the water after their boat capsized.
- Five more went missing when their boat capsized in the icy waters as they searched for the original group.
- The boat capsized, tossing the three crew into the water as darkness fell.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
- An instance of capsizing: do you know what to do in the event of a capsize?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The trainees got to sail the boats with time spent as crew, helm, flying the spinnaker, and some ‘lucky’ few even got to see a capsize up close.
- After the fifth capsize, I climbed out on deck, fully intended to set off my distress beacon to ask for help.
- And the skill of sailing is matched in these young modern matelots by the skill of recovery from the capsize.
late 18th century: perhaps based on Spanish capuzar 'sink (a ship) by the head', from cabo 'head' + chapuzar 'to dive or duck'.