Definición de capstone en inglés:
1A stone fixed on top of something, typically a wall: figurative our time might be merely the capstone to the age of humankind
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘That's chalcedony,’ Corissa remarked, her eyes focusing on the translucent gray capstones of the wall.
- It looks fine although the wall capstones could do with painting.
- A capstone is the uppermost stone of a structure in architecture.
1.1 Archaeology A large flat stone forming a roof over the chamber of a megalithic tomb.
- At the same time, a cruciform chamber roofed with large capstones was constructed at the wider, higher end of the enlarged mound.
- The largest block recorded is the capstone of the tomb at Browneshill, County Carlow, Ireland, estimated to weigh 100 tonnes.
- Portal tombs are so called from the two large upright stones forming the entrance to the burial chamber; a capstone is set over these and slopes backwards to rest on backstones.
Definición de capstone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia