Definición de capstone en inglés:
1A stone fixed on top of something, typically a wall: figurative our time might be merely the capstone to the age of humankind
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘That's chalcedony,’ Corissa remarked, her eyes focusing on the translucent gray capstones of the wall.
- It looks fine although the wall capstones could do with painting.
- A capstone is the uppermost stone of a structure in architecture.
1.1 Archaeology A large flat stone forming a roof over the chamber of a megalithic tomb.
- At the same time, a cruciform chamber roofed with large capstones was constructed at the wider, higher end of the enlarged mound.
- The largest block recorded is the capstone of the tomb at Browneshill, County Carlow, Ireland, estimated to weigh 100 tonnes.
- Portal tombs are so called from the two large upright stones forming the entrance to the burial chamber; a capstone is set over these and slopes backwards to rest on backstones.
Definición de capstone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary