- A lighter-than-air balloon secured by a rope to the ground, used to carry radar equipment or for parachute jumps.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had to run the gauntlet of the fire directed from a captive balloon, as well as from the ground, in order to attack his objective.
- The highlight was the finish, the Prince of Wales feathers followed by the captive balloon, and then it was back home to gooseberry pie and new potatoes in June.
- The first Cameron captive balloon was installed at the Longleat Safari park in southern England.
Más definiciones de captive balloonDefinición de captive balloon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.