- 1Sugar or syrup heated until it turns brown, used as a flavouring or colouring for food or drink: a gateau frosted with caramel [as modifier]: caramel ice creamMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In a medium saucepan, boil the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a caramel until golden brown.
- For the final course, I made a caramelized apple and fennel tart with caramel sauce and lemon custard ice cream.
- Dip apples into hot caramel and turn until completely coated.
- 1.1The light brown colour of caramel: the liquid turns a pale caramel [as modifier]: a caramel sweaterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Amber had light caramel brown hair and hazel eyes, she was tall with milky white skin and rosy complexion.
- Her silk scarf and soft Icelandic wool sweater complement her deep caramel skin and shoulder-length brown hair.
- From herein, continue to stir every 30 seconds or so, for the next 10 minutes, until all of the fruit is sticky with a golden brown caramel colour.
- 1.2 [count noun] A soft toffee made with sugar and butter that have been melted and further heated: a jar of caramelsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Also in this group are a type of toffee known as caramels.
- I was about to bake them with just a little sugar, when I saw a little box of salted butter caramels on the counter, a souvenir from Brittany, and thought I would use a few to sweeten the fruit instead.
- A bag of suckers, chocolate cupcakes, caramels, jawbreakers and licorice all went into the bag first.
early 18th century: from French, from Spanish caramelo.
Más definiciones de caramelDefinición de caramel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.