- An organic anion in which the negative charge is located on a carbon atom.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a result, carbonyl compounds can form carbon anions (carbanions) and act as nucleophiles rather than electrophiles.
- Two important examples of stable carbanions are the cyanide anion (NC -) and the metalocenes.
- They react with water and alcohols in what are essentially acid-base reactions, as if they contained a carbanion; they will also remove protons that are much less acidic than those of water and alcohols.
Más definiciones de carbanionDefinición de carbanion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.