Definición de carbonize en inglés:
1Convert or be converted into carbon, typically by heating or burning or during fossilization: [with object]: the steak was carbonized on the outside
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you don't stir it, the porridge on the base of the pan will reach the high temperature of the hot plate and carbonise - ie burn!
- When drilling a deep hole in timber, periodically clean the waste out of the flutes, otherwise it will carbonise, overheat the bit and burn the timber.
- Ultraviolet radiation penetrates the coating and carbonizes the oils in the wood, causing the wood to darken beneath the varnish.
1.1 (usually as adjective carbonized) Coat with carbon.
- The Japanese were particularly skilled at carbonizing the edge to make it extremely tough.
- Carbon paper is thin tissue, which has been carbonized (carbon coated) with a hot melt application of a waxy base and pigment, usually black or blue.
- The carbonized fibers are then "activated" through oxidation of a part of the carbon and the resulting formation of a highly porous structure.
- Example sentences
- The exterior walls of some historic buildings haven't been washed for several decades while the effects of corrosion and carbonization have taken their toll.
- Perhaps even stranger, ARS researchers have found that ordinary poultry manure, when converted by carbonization into granules and powders, can mop up pollutants in water.
- Without a strict control of hydrocarbons and water, mirror degradation as a result of carbonization, oxidation, or etching will occur.
Definición de carbonize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan