- 1Relating to the heart.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He survived a near fatal heart attack and subsequent cardiac surgery, only to succumb to motor neurone disease.
- New labeling information includes: post-marketing reports of heart attacks, sudden cardiac deaths, and hypertension.
- For example, after a heart attack or cardiac surgery, minor muscular chest aches and pains may be misinterpreted as evidence of angina, leading to unnecessary worry and disability.
- 2Relating to the part of the stomach nearest the oesophagus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Piles’ of the cardiac orifice of the stomach from obstruction to the portal system may produce hemoptysis.
- Compared to cancer of the distal stomach, cardiac cancer carries an even worse prognosis.
- Proximal stomach tumors of the cardiac region have actually increased in incidence in recent years.
sustantivo• informal Volver al principio
- A heart attack.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My son has had two cardiacs, a stroke, and a heart transplant, which has all contributed to some brain damage.
- He should know - he has suffered two cardiacs already.
- So on a visit I stopped by and asked about it and they about had a cardiac.
late Middle English (as a noun denoting heart disease): from French cardiaque or Latin cardiacus, from Greek kardiakos, from kardia 'heart or upper opening of the stomach'. The adjective dates from the early 17th century.
Más definiciones de cardiacDefinición de cardiac en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.