Definición de cardiac en inglés:
- He survived a near fatal heart attack and subsequent cardiac surgery, only to succumb to motor neurone disease.
- New labeling information includes: post-marketing reports of heart attacks, sudden cardiac deaths, and hypertension.
- For example, after a heart attack or cardiac surgery, minor muscular chest aches and pains may be misinterpreted as evidence of angina, leading to unnecessary worry and disability.
- ‘Piles’ of the cardiac orifice of the stomach from obstruction to the portal system may produce hemoptysis.
- Compared to cancer of the distal stomach, cardiac cancer carries an even worse prognosis.
- Proximal stomach tumors of the cardiac region have actually increased in incidence in recent years.
sustantivoinformal Volver al principio
Late Middle English (as a noun denoting heart disease): from French cardiaque or Latin cardiacus, from Greek kardiakos, from kardia 'heart or upper opening of the stomach'. The adjective dates from the early 17th century.
heart from Old English:
The Greek word kardia, from which English took cardiac (Late Middle English), is directly related to heart. The shared root existed before their ancestor developed into different language families in Europe, Asia, and northern India. Since Anglo-Saxon times people have regarded the heart as the centre of emotions and feelings. If you wear your heart on your sleeve, you make your feelings clear for all to see. In a television interview in 1987 the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher advised against it, saying: ‘To wear your heart on your sleeve isn't a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.’ The phrase has its origins in chivalry. In the Middle Ages, when jousting was a popular form of entertainment, a knight would tie a favour to his sleeve—a ribbon, glove, or other small item belonging to the lady given as a sign of her love or support.
Palabras que riman con cardiaczodiac
Definición de cardiac en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.