- A number denoting quantity (one, two, three, etc.), as opposed to an ordinal number (first, second, third, etc.).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ancient Greeks had different systems for cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers so we must look carefully at what we mean by Greek number systems.
- There is a story that it was used as prefix to a number when it was supposed to be read as a cardinal number instead of an ordinal number (#21 = read this as twenty first instead of twenty one).
- For finite sets, the cardinal numbers are the whole numbers.
Más definiciones de cardinal numberDefinición de cardinal number en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.