- 1(In Christian tradition) any of the seven deadly sins.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first complete medieval allegory, it depicts a world in which we are constantly at war with our own sinfulness, a struggle of faith between the cardinal virtues and the cardinal sins.
- After all who has never experienced the seven cardinal sins of Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Avarice, Envy, Pride or Lust before?
- Sixteenth century penitential books, which played an enormous part in popularising the concept of the cardinal sins through sermons and penance, continued to list eight sins rather than seven.
- 1.1chiefly • humorous A serious error of judgement: he committed the cardinal sin of criticizing his teammatesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'd like to beg your collective indulgences while I commit the cardinal sin of bringing too much of the reviewer into the review.
- John Lauber, formerly an NTSB official and now an aviation safety counselor, once identified the seven cardinal sins leading to accidents.
- Too much of it is loose, self-indulgent and, the cardinal sin of political comedy, badly researched.
Más definiciones de cardinal sinDefinición de cardinal sin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.