Definición de cardinal sin en inglés:
1(In Christian tradition) any of the seven deadly sins.
- The first complete medieval allegory, it depicts a world in which we are constantly at war with our own sinfulness, a struggle of faith between the cardinal virtues and the cardinal sins.
- After all who has never experienced the seven cardinal sins of Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Avarice, Envy, Pride or Lust before?
- Sixteenth century penitential books, which played an enormous part in popularising the concept of the cardinal sins through sermons and penance, continued to list eight sins rather than seven.
1.1chiefly humorous A serious error of judgement: he committed the cardinal sin of criticizing his teammates
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'd like to beg your collective indulgences while I commit the cardinal sin of bringing too much of the reviewer into the review.
- John Lauber, formerly an NTSB official and now an aviation safety counselor, once identified the seven cardinal sins leading to accidents.
- Too much of it is loose, self-indulgent and, the cardinal sin of political comedy, badly researched.
Definición de cardinal sin en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan