sustantivoNorth American • informal , • dated
- A waiter or waitress at a drive-in restaurant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By switching, in 1948, to what the McDonald brothers called ‘Speedee Service’ - which involved eliminating carhops, dishes, and the like - they were able to lower their costs, and thus the prices they charged.
- At this joint, customers pulled up under the long awning stretched across the parking lot and waited for one of the carhops to come out and take the order.
- Long before there were fast-food drive-thrus, there were carhops slinging chili dogs and orange shakes at The Varsity, which opened in 1928 and now has four locations around town.
Más definiciones de carhopDefinición de carhop en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.