- He would sit sometimes in the woods from morning until late afternoon, scraping away at fallen branches, creating crude animal caricatures of all shapes and sizes.
- Over the decades, many artists and cartoonists have created wicked caricatures of the smug and powerful.
- More than 800 drawings, illustrations, caricatures and paintings by Beshkov have been arranged on the first three floors of the gallery offering a glance at the life and work of this prominent Bulgarian.
- One remarkable characteristic of this work is that the author does not reduce his subjects to ludicrous caricatures.
- He feels compelled to present the most ludicrous caricatures of modern science.
- ‘It's just fun, almost a caricature version of rockabilly,’ adds the Gutter Demon's bassist Flipper.
- What amazes and pleases me is that the organisation listened to this complaint in a spirit of actual intellectual engagement, rather than just ignoring or caricaturing their critics.
- Another tale has it that several co-workers are furious at my caricaturing them on one post.
- From 1903 Wells devoted much of his energy to the Fabian movement but after falling out with their leaders savagely caricatured them in his novel, The New Machiavelli.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's likely that Orwell saw him as a true continuation of the violent, caricatural, humorous art found in English nineteenth-century writers.
- I have never seen farce more keenly orchestrated and sanguinely enacted, the blatantly laughable always tinged with the bitingly caricatural, the fantastic, and the outrageous, without the slightest loss in basic humanity.
- A well-known figure in Viennese society, St. Genois is appareled in the obligatory black tie and flanked by two modern ‘women,’ each rendered in slightly different, caricatural modes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The award-winning cartoonist and caricaturist, Shankar, would have become a motor mechanic, had he followed the advice of his father.
- I think he's a brilliant cartoonist, a spot-on caricaturist, an excellent letterer and a very fine writer-of-comics.
- The competition is open to all amateur artists, designers, cartoonists, doodlers and caricaturists.
Mid 18th century: from French, from Italian caricatura, from caricare 'load, exaggerate', from Latin carricare (see charge).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: cari¦ca|ture
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.