Definición de carillon en inglés:
1A set of bells played using a keyboard or by an automatic mechanism similar to a piano roll.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They visited many places of interest during their stay including the magnificent St Colman's Cathedral in Cobh which is constructed in a French Gothic style and has a carillon of 47 bells, one of the largest in these islands.
- The Laura Spelman Rockefeller Memorial Carillon is the second-largest carillon in the world.
- Cyril Johnston is credited as the man who rediscovered the art of bell tuning, an art form which had been lost for more than 200 years, and made the name of Gillett and Johnston synonomous with bells and carillons throughout the world.
1.1A tune played on a carillon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Handel makes delicious use of a carillon in the soprano aria ‘Or let the merry bells ring round’.
- We look forward to a successful appeal, and hopefully in the not-too-distant future to hearing the melodious tones of the carillon once again.
- But in the end, the only bell that mattered was the noontime carillon that brought workers in for their one hearty meal at home.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This instrument, with more than 100 tons of bronze bells and 72 English-made bells, is so captivating that the world's top carillonneurs come to perform on it.
- Other famous carillonneurs were Antoon Brees, Riverside Church of New York and Cranbrook Church in Detroit, and Camiel Lefevre of Bok Tower in Florida.
- The hour-long recitals on the cathedral's 49-bell carillon will be given by the resident and guest carillonneurs.
Pronunciación: /ˌkarɪljəˈnəː/ /ˌkaˈrɪlənəː/ /ˌkərɪləˈnəː/sustantivo
Palabras que riman con carillonslumgullion
Definición de carillon en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán