1The number of people that can travel in a car: a carload of passengers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Granted, if you are traveling with a carload of friends, hostelling might not be your most economical choice when compared to a standard hotel.
- Marisa Choguill travelled from Ballarat with a carload of her friends.
- Driving home after a meeting one sunny afternoon, there was a truckload of teenage boys driving beside a carload of teenage girls directly in front of me.
1.1North American The quantity of goods that can be carried in a railway freight car.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Canadian National said the traffic shift would allow it to divert about 14,000 to 15,000 freight carloads annually from Chicago.
- About 200 carloads of freight move over that stretch of rail each year, mostly hauling grain and fertilizer to elevators in Random Lake and Adell.
- A train carrying three carloads of frozen turkeys made the final journey on the High Line in 1980.
Definición de carload en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda