Definición de carnassial en inglés:
Denoting the large upper premolar and lower molar teeth of a carnivore, adapted for shearing flesh.
- The diagnostic character for Carnivora is the carnassial pair, the fourth upper premolar and first lower molar, which in this group have been modified as shearing blades for effective slicing of meat.
- The dimensions of the lower fourth premolar and lower carnassial tooth as well as the morphology of the mandibular ramus of the specimen from South Turkwel unequivocally identify it as an earlier representative of M. whites.
- Moreover, the development of carnassial notches testifies to the shearing capacity of the molars as seen in other palaeoryctids.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A carnassial tooth.
- In carnivores, features of the dentition related to diet include the morphology of the upper canine, lower carnassial, and fourth premolar.
- The lower dentition is characterized by slender premolars and a relatively short and wide carnassial.
- This analysis included only those groups of organisms with a linear upper carnassial, in order to study the evolution of an ecological group, mammalian carnivores.
Definición de carnassial en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan