Definición de carob en inglés:
- Fortunately the redoubtable Ms. Hillary is not diabetic, as chocolates are high on the prohibited list, as are the so-called ‘diabetic’ chocolates or the chocolate substitute carob.
- Add extras such as carob or malted milk powder to impart a gourmet flavor to your concoctions.
- One brand of homemade ice-cream has chunks of salt and carob instead of proper chocolate.
- Ceratonia siliqua, family Leguminosae
- To save his life, the rabbi withdrew with his son to a cave in Galilee where, miraculously, a carob tree grew and a water well appeared, so that he never lacked for food or water.
- And when you taste the final product in the form of a carob cake, you'll have no doubt the humble carob tree has a great future!
- His glaze was equally complex and equally secret, and he took both recipes to his grave when he hung himself from a carob tree in 1786.
- Gem dealers used to balance their scales with carob beans because these beans all have the same weight.
- The carob beans used here come from a row of trees planted in the 1960s by a farmer in the Hawkes Bay.
- Other Cretan agricultural products are carob beans, fava, mountain tea, broad beans, oregano and flax.
carat from (Late Middle English):
This measure of the purity of gold and a unit of weight for precious stones comes via French from Italian carato, from Arabi kīrāţ, a unit of weight. The base is Greek keration used for both a carob seed and a unit of weight but literally ‘little horn’ describing the carob's elongated seedpod.
Definición de carob en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.