- Any of a class of mainly yellow, orange, or red fat-soluble pigments, including carotene, which give colour to plant parts such as ripe tomatoes and autumn leaves: [as modifier]: carotenoid pigmentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This color reveals the presence of yellow, orange and red pigments known as carotenoids.
- Another class, the carotenoids, creates the orange color of carrots and pumpkins.
- The yellow colour comes largely from carotenoids, which hens get from plant foods, or lutein, which is added to feeds specifically to colour egg yolk.
Más definiciones de carotenoidDefinición de carotenoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.