- Blood was obtained by carotid artery laceration.
- The catheter is inserted either at the front of the elbow, for investigation of the neck arteries (a carotid angiogram), or in the groin for a coronary angiogram.
- As he buttoned up his shirt, I noticed the scar on his neck from previous carotid surgery.
- Palpation of the carotids, thyroid or abdominal organs was impossible.
- The ancients knew that pressure on the carotids could put someone to ‘sleep’ sometimes permanently.
- From the aorta these bubbles would have gone straight up the carotids to her brain.
Early 17th century: from French carotide or modern Latin carotides, from Greek karōtides, plural of karōtis 'drowsiness', from karoun 'stupefy' (because compression of these arteries was thought to cause stupor).
Palabras que riman con carotidbesotted, unspotted
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ca|rotid
Definición de carotid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.