Definición de carpel en inglés:
The female reproductive organ of a flower, consisting of an ovary, a stigma, and usually a style. It may occur singly or as one of a group.
- The terminal female flowers consist of two or three carpels and no other organs.
- Unisexual flowers with three white petals produce numerous stamens or carpels and both present floral nectar.
- In the center of a typical flower are the carpels, modified leaves which enclose the ovules.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, newer technologies for peeling and sectioning grapefruit yield whole segments, with carpellary membranes largely intact.
Definición de carpel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan