sustantivo (plural carpi /-pʌɪ/)
- The group of small bones between the main part of the forelimb and the metacarpus in terrestrial vertebrates. The eight bones of the human carpus form the wrist and part of the hand, and are arranged in two rows.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Interestingly, Williston's description of the carpus depicts a near identical pattern of ossification.
- The carpus of Archaeopteryx is represented as having three carpal elements, but it has four.
- Starting at the ground surface of the foot, an imaginary dot is placed on the toe, coronary band, fetlock, top of cannon bone, carpus, top of carpus and top of forearm.
late Middle English: from modern Latin, from Greek karpos 'wrist'.
Más definiciones de carpusDefinición de carpus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.