Definición de cask en inglés:
- Whisky is always kept in oak casks that have already stored another alcoholic beverage: usually bourbon or sherry, occasionally port and Madeira.
- Around 90% of bourbon is stored in their oak casks which, according to American law, can only be used just once.
- Butter has been stored and shipped in wooden barrels, casks, tubs, and eventually paraffin paper and parchment.
- A cask of gunpowder was fired close to the wall of the Clerkenwell House of Detention, at 3.45 p.m. on December 13, 1867.
- Among the prizes are signed football tops from both Rangers and Celtic football clubs, and a cask of Famous Grouse whisky, which should hopefully attract the connoisseurs out and bid.
- In addition, local microbrewery Wild Rose Brewery features a cask of real ale on the first Friday of each month at a different pub each month.
Early 16th century: from French casque or Spanish casco 'helmet'. The current senses appear only in English; from the late 16th to the late 18th centuries the word also denoted a helmet (compare with casque).
Palabras que riman con caskask, bask, flask, Krasnoyarsk, mask, masque, task
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.