Definición de castrate en inglés:
1Remove the testicles of (a male animal or man).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Male calves were castrated either at birth, at time of initial vaccination, or at weaning.
- At birth, calves were identified with a numbered ear tag, they were weighed, sex was recorded, and male calves were castrated.
- Nine cats were castrated males; three cats were females: two of them were spayed.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A man or male animal whose testicles have been removed: young human castrates, or eunuchs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Historians interested in the development of musical castrati in Europe often point to Islamic Spain as the source of early castrates and the medieval practice of castration.
- Agueda Yzquierdo, for instance, could recall the castration of Juan de Aleson, the full castrate who later married Maria de Legaria.
- Pope Sixtus V unequivocally prohibited marriage to castrates in 1587 when he responded to the Spanish papal nuncio's question about several women in Madrid who had married eunuchs.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although their roles as parasitic castrators has been documented, relatively little is known about the biology of ciliate parasites in mayflies.
- Indeed, some parasites are castrators, completely destroying the host's reproductive machinery.
Mid 16th century (earlier ( Middle English) as castration): from Latin castrare.
Palabras que riman con castrateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda