- 1Cause or accelerate (a reaction) by acting as a catalyst: the enzyme catalyses the oxidation of acetaldehydeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This reaction is catalyzed by the enzyme citrate synthase.
- In both cases the nitric oxide is produced by a reaction from a chemical called L-arginine. The chemical reaction is catalysed by an enzyme called nitric oxide synthase.
- However, studies have shown that lead, like other heavy metals, inactivates enzymes (proteins that catalyze biochemical reactions).
- 1.1Cause (an action or process) to begin: the introduction of the canal and the railway catalysed the city’s industrial growthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Water is a major issue that can catalyze the peace process or inhibit it.
- In doing so, she catalyses a process of reconnection and healing where there had previously been tight-lipped repression.
- Calling in the IMF will do nothing more than catalyse this process, given the Fund's past form in this area.
late 19th century: from catalysis, on the pattern of analyse.
Más definiciones de catalyseDefinición de catalyse en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.