Definición de catalytic en inglés:
Relating to or involving the action of a catalyst.
- Traces of metal ions (which could act as catalytic redox centres) were similarly ruled out.
- Such a development might be useful in stereoselective catalytic syntheses.
- Many organic molecules undergo structural changes as a result of catalytic reactions with acid or base.
mid 19th century: from catalysis, on the pattern of pairs such as analysis, analytic.
- Example sentences
- In this method, sulfur dioxide gas and air are converted catalytically into sulfur trioxide, a gas that combines explosively with water to form sulfuric acid.
- The reactions above were performed with preformed oxo species, but the researchers also found that the reactions proceeded catalytically under aerobic conditions.
- During refining, these metals form a catalytically active layer with sulfur from the oil.
Words that rhyme with catalyticanalytic, anchoritic, anthracitic, arthritic, bauxitic, calcitic, critic, cryptanalytic, Cushitic, dendritic, diacritic, dioritic, dolomitic, enclitic, eremitic, hermitic, lignitic, mephitic, paralytic, parasitic, psychoanalytic, pyritic, Sanskritic, saprophytic, Semitic, sybaritic, syenitic, syphilitic, troglodytic
Definición de catalytic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan