1 [mass noun] The action of collecting water, especially the collection of rainfall over a natural drainage area: water catchment continues the whole year round
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Maasai have complained that settlement in the drought-prone area by Kipsigis has harmed water catchment for the Ewaso Nyiro river, which the Maasai use to water their cattle.
- Since we were unable to reach the villages upstream, we cannot establish whether the river had water catchment or storage facilities upstream.
- My job was to assess the water flows and catchment yields of these various areas, so I know them well.
2A catchment area.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the latter was the case, there could be a higher risk of winter flooding in a number of the region's river catchments.
- It suggested that 20 catchments / regions highly affected by salinity be addressed first.
- The Tararua Forest Park protects mountain landscapes, considerable tracts of indigenous forests and the upper catchments of many rivers.
Definición de catchment en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda