Definición de catchment en inglés:
1 [mass noun] The action of collecting water, especially the collection of rainfall over a natural drainage area: water catchment continues the whole year round
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Maasai have complained that settlement in the drought-prone area by Kipsigis has harmed water catchment for the Ewaso Nyiro river, which the Maasai use to water their cattle.
- Since we were unable to reach the villages upstream, we cannot establish whether the river had water catchment or storage facilities upstream.
- My job was to assess the water flows and catchment yields of these various areas, so I know them well.
2A catchment area.
- If the latter was the case, there could be a higher risk of winter flooding in a number of the region's river catchments.
- It suggested that 20 catchments / regions highly affected by salinity be addressed first.
- The Tararua Forest Park protects mountain landscapes, considerable tracts of indigenous forests and the upper catchments of many rivers.
Definición de catchment en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan